In Fall of 2009, I enrolled in the Interactive Telecommunication Program at New York University . I came to the United State with my dream and a huge investment for the rest of my life. I feel like I’ve experienced a “significant change” here, not just about how much I’ve learned, but also how much I’ve experienced. From being silent to being thick-skinned; from “The Lone Ranger” to more social and talkative. In addition, I’ve learned how to think logically, deeply and independently through numberous hands-on projects.Also, I feel so lucky to around by such a great group of people at NYU.
New York University, New York, NY
Master of Professional Study, Fall 2011
Interactive Telecommunication Program
Renmin University of China, Beijing, PRC
Bachelor of Art, Fall 2006
Interaction Designer Freelance –ECCO Design Aug. 2010-Present NYC
- Conceptualization and User’s Interface (UI) design for Panasonic concept washing machine with touching screen. The new design enables users to not only select a washing cycle, but also create their own preferences. It promotes the eco-efficiency concept by showing Eco points for each cycle and thus encourages the consumers to save energy through their daily lives.
- Ideation and creation of Android Applications for Panasonic washing machine, including Wire Frame and functionalities set-up. The mobile application allows the consumers to not only connect with any washing machine but also remotely monitor the progress of the washing cycle. It also enables the users to join an incentive program to redeem detergent by collecting eco points. The mobile application is designed to be fully compatible with social networks.
- Project and resource management for mobile UI/UX and application prototype design and production.
- Consultations on UX, Interactions and Digital Communications.
Online-production Designer Intern –MTV Network International Department Jan. 2010-Aug. 2010 NYC
- MTV network webpage redesign which was launched in March 2010. The new design established aneffective digital experience by adding in the interactive creative elements and enriched multi-media experiences. As a result of the redesign, the site traffic increased substantially and improved customer’s satisfaction.
- Executions to promote MTV shows on web and mobile platforms. Built customized digital contents to the media requirements. Covered media and programs include <Jersey Shore>, <16 and Pregnant>, <Real World Washington D.C.> just to name a few.
- Design and production of the opening motion graphic of <Hope for Hati> charity events.
Web Designer –NYU Wasserman Career Center Fall. 2009 NYC
- Ideation and development of web page and eye-catching print materials from sketch.
- Data capture functionality set up and integrated database testing.
- Creative thinking and implementations of dynamic and user-friendly site contents.
- Active involvement in the design and refresh of Wasserman Center Website.
- Outstanding expertise in using Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, ASP/PHP, SQL and CSS.
Product Manager –Zhaopin.com (Alliance Executive Search) 2006-2008 Beijing
- Lead of Zhaopin on-line product development and marketing communications.
- Management of a team of 9 people.
- Strategic planning and positioning of brand product.
- Process development and monitor to meet various customers needs and improve customer satisfaction.
- Standardization and streemline of web document and implementation of UE criterion inside the company.
Multimedia Designe Freelance –TV Series <Ice-cream Mountain> Dec. 2005 Beijing
- Art direction for the design and creation of characters in the play as well as digital video stage effects.
- The great success of the art work was reported by major Chinese TV networks as well as national and local news media.
UI Designer –Sony Ericsson 2005 Beijing
- Ideation, conceptualization and production of several UI themes for mobile Sony Ericsson.
- Design and production of one of the most popular web content <Rabbit and Turtle> UI for Sony Ericsson 700W Model, and it has the highest paid downloads within the contents in Sony Ericsson official site.
Video Designer Freelance –SWATCH Watches Dec. 2004 Beijing
- Design and production of a promotional video for the company’s 2005 new products.
- Creation of five different styles and visual effects to stimulate demands of the 2005 Collection products.
COMPUTER SKILLS AND LANGUAGE
Design software: Adobe Design Suite
Programming: HTM/CSS/ PHP/Java
PC & Macintosh literate
Language: Mandarin Chinese (native)/English
2004: Design work published in magazine <Computer Arts> and received top awards.